Monday, May 24, 2010

Butterfly wings by Cheryl Zweigart



Butterfly wings in their beauty open and close in the Wind

And in their graceful, gracefulness open and bend.

Lavender colors like windows as I look through them

As they play softly on the flowers inside the broken gem.

Hillsides covered from a distance of lavender angel wings

As in the sunlight streams that they flutter their beauty brings.

Then from flower to flower in the Wind they climb

Beautiful with their wings in their full spread in time

I see the mirror of the gem I look into the wings that now close

As for a moment the butterflies in their stillness pose.

I look through the window pane and now I see through mine

How the beauty once in my wings through pain in His wine.

And then gracefully a butterfly set free when I thought I was alone

Beneath my wings His Wind was the strength higher places flown

Now butterflies flutter wings of whispers of songs of praise

As upon my wings now open and close in songs whispers raise.


Poem copyright Cheryl Zweigart 2010

Image: anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment